We spent Labor Day 2010 at my sister Kelly's house. We had good food, some swimming, some water balloons, and, to spice things up, a ping pong tournament.
 |
| Meghan with a couple of water balloons ready for battle |
 |
| Our lifegaurd |
The second round of the tournament began with Gayle versing Bobby. (I know versing isn't a real word, but I think it's cute when kids say it.).I had a lot of fun shooting the ping pong games and am considering being a professional ping pong photographer. I think it's also fun to look at ping pong photography because you get to play "who can find the ping pong ball in the photo first." It's pretty fun. Later on you will see the brackets and results, but for now scroll through these photos and see if you can find the ball.
 |
| Nana serves to Bobby |
 |
| Bobby's got it dialed in |
 |
| Nana does too. |
 |
| There's my girl battling Ace |
 |
| This is where I started to get "creative" with my shots |
 |
| This is where I was really "creative" Look at the way Rach towers over the table. It's symbolic. |
 |
| To match my artistic sensibilities, Rachel got creative with her poses. I'm not sure what this symbolizes. |
 |
| Abby, wearing flippers, watches Meghan eat a balloon |
 |
| Lennon was participating as well. |
 |
| cousin Josh |
 |
| cousin Jake |
 |
| Meghan the arms dealer |
 |
| She's warning me not to snitch. (It goes without saying I was terrified.) |
 |
| BJ and Ace. Do you think BJs gonna get this one? |
 |
| Lennon used his time to dive for rings. Here he is coming up successfully. |
 |
| Here's a sweet cannonball by Bobby |
Meanwhile, back at the tournament, the championship round had begun. You're probably wondering why neither of the two people playing is me. Well, I don't want to talk about it.
Compare the picture above with the picture below. Who looks like they're working harder?
 |
| The winner claims his prize |
 |
| This was a double elimination tournament. The bracket was put together by my dad after I couldn't figure out how to do it. |
After the tournament, we all played Around the World. The following pictures, including those from the slideshow/movie were taken while I was playing.
 |
| That's my hand. Is that--the ability to simultaneously play ping pong and line up sweet shots with a camera --skill or what? |
I like to think that this "movie" perfectly captures the fast paced action and the dizziness of the game. It needs some sound though; the game is a lot noisier.
And thus summer came to an end.
Nice blog what a studly winner. Ace might start blogging your his motivation.
ReplyDelete