Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mill Valley Day 2 (4-23)

The place we stayed overlooked Mt Tamalpais. See:

After the continental breakfast we put our names down on the waiting list for the previously mentioned bicycles. After watching a cooking show and going for a walk along Richardson Bay, we got the bikes and headed out. We were mostly on a paved bike path, but we had mountain bikes and I wanted to ride on some dirt. We found some:
We even found a little mud


After we brought the bikes back and checked out of the hotel, we had some unfinished business back at the nudist beach . . . or at least next to it. We had some rock climbing to do! I set up my "cordalette," a little anchor building technique I read up on during our trip to REI on the previous day. (I had also taken some pictures of the pages on my phone, just in case). 


Then we got BiZZZAAYYYY:





Taking these pictures while climbing and belaying probably wasn't the safest thing we've ever done, but they turned out pretty cool. I did not take pictures of Rachel climbing because I set a higher standard on her safety than I do on my own, but believe me, she did some climbing too. In fact, neither of us were able to make it to the top. Or I should say neither of us made it to the top. Rachel insisted that she could have, but she didn't want to make me feel bad on our romantic getaway. She's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment