Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kicking off Spring Break at Willow Creek 4-15-2011

Man, I have been looking forward to Spring Break since, like, New Year's. And especially now that the sun is starting to shine I have been wanting to get the family outside. In fact, I've been promising Meghan for a while now that we would get out and ride bikes. I guess the driveway doesn't count. So when I got home, we loaded up the bikes and headed for Willow Creek. (Meghan's still in the beginner stage, so we just want to get her out in a wide open space where she can pedal around). I tried to work in a bike/canoe adventure, but the canoe part was vetoed by the kids who did not want to minimize bike time. I reluctantly agreed. 

Rachel was in charge of the camera on this trip and I must say she did a spectacular job.


I had a little work to do on Abby's bike, so Abby needed to find something to do to pass the time. Meanwhile, Rachel was experimenting with the camera:


Then I still had work to do on Abby's bike, so Rachel did some portrait work. I think these pictures turned out great:



After a while of riding on the asphalt, the kids started working their way towards the gravel. After tiring of the gravel Lennon tried something new:

Before we left Lennon, Abby and I jumped in the water. It wasn't family camp cold, but it was close. Unfortunately, Meghan had taken a little tumble on the gravel and Rachel was in the car helping her, thus we have no photographic evidence of our brief aquatic adventure.

And of course, a wildlife sighting: this time a cormorant (I'm pretty sure).

1 comment: