Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Bill keeps the kids busy while I get some work done


On Christmas eve I had a lot to do and I couldn't have the kids hanging around if you know what I mean, so I suggested to Bill that he take the kids to the American River Parkway to a place that he had taken me running a couple of days earlier. He wasn't sure what he would do there with the kids, but as soon as they got there, the kids figured out what to do on their own. First, they spotted some climb-able trees.

The girls noticed an interesting mark on the tree bark (in the park, before dark, what a lark!)

Some trees may have been less climb-able than others. (Actually, Lennon was just joking)

Bill brought the camera, thinking he might be able to take some good pics of the kids.

The girls were willing models,

but Lennon had other things on his mind.

This is part of one of Bill's favorite trails to run.

The kids weren't always walking at the same pace.

But they did find some interesting things along the way, like these mushrooms,

and this duck. Bill spent the rest of the trip trying to get a better shot of this type of duck, and although he got about a half dozen more shots of them, this first one was his best. If you can identify this type of duck, please let us know.


Meghan didn't want to walk away from the water to get back on the trail--so they left her. I wonder how she's doing.

This is her clearing a site for her new home. (The stick she's using was chewed up by some type of animal--we're assuming a beaver.)

These also looked like they had been chewed up by beavers.

Meghan decided to come home with the rest of her family after all. She was pretty tired as they headed back, but Abby still had the energy to lug a big old log to show her dad who had gone ahead with Lennon to try to take more pictures of his ducks.

Here's a better picture of the log. Abby wanted to make sure that her effort was documented. Meghan even condescended to smile for the picture--kind of.

This was on the way out of the park. Bill and the kids had a great time and I accomplished my task. I'd say it was an all around success and possibly a new Christmas tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment