Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Meghan on two wheels

If you saw the post from a couple of days ago called "Meghan takes out her new wheels," then you saw a picture of a very angry Meghan after she opened her new bike on Christmas morning. Well, she was actually really excited at first, but then she saw the training wheels on the bike, and as we all know, big girl bikes don't have training wheels. The grimace on her face disappeared when we told her that the training wheels can be taken off, and she has been after us since then to take the training wheels off.

We were reluctant to take them off, but today Meghan's persistence paid off. I took her to a school parking lot where we would have lots of space, took the training wheels off, and after a few nervous minutes (on her part), here's what happened:


 
 We're so proud of our girl!

Here's another one:
 
One funny thing that I tried to get her to repeat on the video was that, as she was riding around and I was telling her to try and avoid steering straight into such obstacles as cars, light poles, and the only section of fence--about 5 feet long--in the entire parking lot, she told me "I just go where my bike tells me to go." It was cute.

And here's an outtake:
 
I guess that's where the bike told her to go.

1 comment: