Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Holiday Run for Youth
















This morning our family participated in Rancho Cordova's Holiday Run for the Youth. Bill signed us up a few days ago. Last night we went to pick up our bib numbers and t-shirts at Fleet Feet in Sacramento.
This morning we were expecting to run in the rain, but it was actually a really nice morning, with good weather.
Bill ran with Meghan and I ran with Abby and Lennon pretty much ran with whomever he wanted too.
The run was 1.2 miles. We were very surprised that Meghan ran the whole thing! We weren't expecting her to finish, but she was so awesome. Abby and I ran and we were the first ones in from our family. Abby was so great she wanted to quit running, but she hung in there and did the whole thing. I was telling her that Lennon was behind us and we couldn't let him catch up. We had to show the guys what the girls were made of and we sure did.
Lennon did great too. He wanted to win so bad so he took off pretty fast but couldn't keep up the pace-he finished great!
Afterwards the sponsors of the run had drinks and snacks which we did partake of and a bounce house which the kids loved. They were also collecting toys for kids.
It was a really great event and I hope that we will do it again next year!

1 comment: