Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Point Bonita Light House

Well first off I'm showing this picture-not because of my butt-but because of my wet pants! Good thing I was wearing my wool socks cause my feet were still warm.




Point Bonita Light House is right across the bay from the golden gate bridge.
It is a gorgeous light house. However when I first got down to it (a quarter mile walk I believe) I thought to myself "my mom would totally hate this place" My mom loves lighthouses, but she would hate this place because it has a tunnel and a rickety old bridge right above the ocean. Yikes! Even I was a little nervous. When my mom sees this she is probably going to yell at me for taking my kids there!



Again gorgeous day!


Here is a big of side view of the bridge.
but first you have to walk through this tunnel, which you cannot see the end from the beginning.
Here we are coming out of it.

Then you get to the line to cross the bridge. If my mom made it though the tunnel she would definitely turn back at the site of this.
It almost drops right down to the water. There is a little space for error, but not much.
we are looking at this little natural tunnel. Very pretty.


Point Reyes is on the same side as Point Bonita another great lighthouse.




Right behind us we were able to see some seals basking in the sun. They were farther away, but it was still cool.


1 comment:

  1. I've been there but not for a long time. It is really cool.

    ReplyDelete