Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Recipes

So I tuned into Oprah the other night. I believe it was a Wednesday. She had on celebrity chefs that went to families homes and taught them how to cook good food for their families the idea was to have healthy and economical food. It was three chefs and each one went to a different family. They all had different problems. Anyways the most shocking was that this one family spent $400 a week on eating out. Yikes!
Well I really enjoyed the recipes and thought that it would be cool to try a few. I went to Oprah.com and looked up the recipes and copied them to a word doc and came up with 32 pages of recipes. I took out a few that I knew we would never eat and then went to the store and got the igredients to make several recipes. The site had a 7 day menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have made three recipes so far and have enjoyed each.
I enjoy mixing things up for dinner. I don't like the same thing over and over. I get bored with making the same thing even though the kids like about five things I still mix it up. Speaking of which we were driving in the car to a dinner function at the church the kids were complaining about what we were having and I asked each of them what their top five foods were and not one was the same. I don't remember what all of them had but Lennon had hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, pizza and spaghetti-then I reminded him that he doesn't like spaghetti sauce and he said that he liked noodles. This is what I have to work with people. Abby said she liked lasagna, and at the moment I can't remember what else she said but they were all different from Lennon. Abby is probably our best eater. Here are the things they don't like beans (yes even refried) mashed potatoes, Lennon doesn't like any sauce or salad dressing, Meghan doesn't like meat or chicken in anything even though she will eat chicken nuggets and a hamburger, Abby doesn't like jelly, Lennon doesn't like peanut butter anymore (PB&J or MM Creme used to be his favorite) The list goes on and on. The one thing that is good is that they like veggies and fruit, but not cooked unless it's corn or peas. One day in the store they begged me to get coliflower (which I don't care for). Everyone was looking at me funny. I wonder why. So needless to say I try to have fruit and/or plain veggies at every meal and then at least I know they'll eat something. I get grossed out comments at pretty much every meal because at least one person doesn't like it.
Ah so is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment