It was cool spending time with the rangers, although I don't really remember too much of what we talked about. I guess I should have blogged about this earlier. I do remember that the main invasive species that we targeted was a plant called Goat's Beard, and I think I could identify it if I were to see it. Later we targeted some type of thistle--Bull Thistle, maybe.
![]() |
| I used this picture for my mormon.org profile picture. It's my favorite. |
As we were getting to the chapel, we came across a Yosemite local:
| Yosemite black bear |
| pretty good family shot |
![]() |
| Nanna the worker |
After our service project, we did a bike tour of the valley. I was a little apprehensive, thinking that it would be too crowded to enjoy, but it turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip. We stopped at the Merced River for a little swimming, but the water was FREEZING!
Then we dried off and continued the bike tour and made our way to Yosemite Falls.
On our way out from the falls, we decided to explore this cool boulder.
The left side (looking at the picture above) had a built in slide.
Then we took a little breather
Before going back to the bikes
We saw this deer below the bridge next to Yosemite Creek
After we returned to the car, we made one last stop before we left the Valley: Bridalveil Falls. The waterfall was impressive, and so was the rainbow it was creating.





Lennon looks so happy in your family picture. I like that you volunteer for things. We all should. You should check out creek week. Its in April and there's a free t-shirt.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.creekweek.net/portal/volunteer.html
He loves working. Lennon and Abby and I did a creek week service project in Roseville last year (for the free shirt, of course). I'm checking your link right now.
ReplyDelete