This is hopefully the only time I'll do this. I feel so cheesy. I'm totally copying my favorite savings websites, but who cares. My sister-in-law, Kelly told me about these deals that end at Safeway today August 18th. You need a Safeway ad (you can get at the store either by the front door or at the customer service desk.) So what you see here is 4 boxes of cereal, 5 boxes of Caprisun juice pouches, 5 bottles of ocean spray juice, 4 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars and 4 boxes of gushers. I got all of this for $25.50 a $44.28 savings.
I had a few troubles so let me tell you about my experience. First off I had my three kids with me They like to roam the isles and get in everyone's way and won't stay by the cart. (enough said). They were pretty good considering we had to go to customer serivce 2 times.
The deals were 4 boxes of cereal (trix and cheerios) for $6 with in ad coupon on that same coupon was 4 boxes of the granola bars for 6 with a limit of 4 and you have to buy 4 to get the price. I bought 4 boxes of cereal and 4 boxes of granola bars but they scanned the coupon only once giving me the sale price on just the granola bars and not the cereal. I had to go to customer service and asked what happened and if I did something wrong. We were both confused so she just gave me the difference in cash. Plus I had two $0.55 coupons for the Trix cereal and a $1 off 2 for the Cheerios making them $0.98 a box. For the granola bars I only had a $0.40 coupon for 1 box so I got them for $1.40 per box. The Gushers had an in ad coupon 4 for $4 and I had an additional coupon for $0.50 off one box making them $0.87 per box. The ocean spray was $0.99 when you buy 5 and the Caprisuns were $1.50 when you buy 5 (you could mix and match but this was a pretty good deal and worth it for me to buy 5 of each to stock up) My other mix up was that I bought 4 roaring waters and one 100% juice Caprisun(the ad said Caprisun or Caprisun roaring waters so basically you get the ones that are the same price and you're safe) and aparently that didn't include the 100% juice so I had to return that one and buy another roaring water so customer service gave me the difference on that one too.
On top of all of this I got a catalina coupon (a coupon that prints out at the register) for $2 off of 5 General Mills cereals, 2 - $2.50 off next safeway purchase (from buying the granola bars and gushers), a 19.99 oil change and tire rotation from Midas and a 20% off coupon from Payless. I'm going to go back tonight and get an even better deal using my $2.50 off coupons!
******UPDATE******
Ok so I went back to Safeway this time a little more prepared. Before I left I printed off enough coupons for the things that I wanted and my $2.50 catalinas and headed back. I got 2 gallons of milk (just because I needed some) and I got 4 boxes of gushers (remember they were 4 for $4) and had a 50 cents off 2 coupon so I used two of those. Then I bought 4 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars and had 4 coupons for 40 cents off 1. I also used my $2.50 catalinas and walked out of there paying $6.68 the milk was $4.40 so I got 8 boxes of snacks for a little over $2. Check out your ads for a few good deals starting 8/19

I don't think that's dorky...I wish I would have known about it!
ReplyDelete