Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Davey Crockett Day

Bill found out from reading a Boy's Life magazine that Davey Crockett's birthday was August 17th. Davey Crockett was one of Bill's heroes when he was a kid. His mom even made him a costume that we still have. Anyways, Bill mentioned this to his mom and they decided that Sunday the 16th we would celebrate with a Davey Crockett dinner. Gayle (Bill's Mom) made us Buffalo burgers, corn bread (made in a skillet), baked beans, and blueberry scones. It was quite the feast.


I made the kids these hats for the party. They were very rough looking but kinda cute in an awkward sort of way...
And yes, Abby's pants are totally unbuttoned.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! And I love your hats. I'll put his bday on my calendar for next year.

    -Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every self proclaimed mountain man should celebrate his b-day and comment often on other peoples blogs haha

    ReplyDelete