Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Eve Traditions




On Christmas Eve morning I make breakfast. In the past we were leaving our home on Christmas morning so early that I didn't have time to do it on Christmas morning so I started doing it the morning of Christmas Eve. I enjoy doing it on Christmas Eve so I can enjoy Christmas morning too and not have to make breakfast and miss out watching the kids enjoy their presents. I make enough Christmas Eve morning so we can have leftovers on Christmas morning.


I think it is cool now that the kids are getting older they remember things. Just before Christmas Lennon said that he couldn't wait until Christmas Eve because we have our Christmas Eve breakfast. I was excited that he remembered that. I asked him what we should have and he said "french toast, chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, sausage, hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles" that is basically what we had but I added orange juice and we had some egg nog so I put that out too.
Also on Christmas Eve we let the kids open a present from Mom and Dad it is most always clothes. They still couldn't wait. I had them out in the morning and they kept asking if they could open their present and they opened them early afternoon. They all got pajamas. Meghan got Tinkerbell pjs, Abby got Hannah Montana and Lennon got some Wii pajama pants. They were cute.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Christmas morning faces. A mixer of excitement and exhaustion. Looks like you all had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete