Meghan was supposed to go on a field trip yesterday but it was cancelled last week. She was pretty upset, so I asked her what we could do that would be just as fun as going on a field trip. She thought for a second and replied, "Go to the donut store." That was do able.
I had vague plans to go buy donuts, but didn't really think too much about it (I was blogging). Meghan, however, did continue to think about those delicious circular delights, and her plans were much more concrete. She got some paper and a marker and began writing. When she asked me how to spell Saturday, then Sunday, then Monday, I asked her what she was doing. She was creating a calendar so she could keep track of the days she had left until D day.
Every morning she would update her calendar, putting an X through that day's box. Clearly, I would have to make good on my promise.
Donut day arrived yesterday:
Here's a bonus feature, filmed and narrated during the trip by the Donut Queen herself (look for a cameo appearance by her thumb:



No comments:
Post a Comment